Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday!!

Today was my 25th birthday and I am so blessed. I started preparing for my birthday the night of September 18th. My sister had sent three presents with me when I left the states to come to Dubai. They were wrapped in brown and pink polka-dot paper with cards on each on. I laid them out on my dresser so when I woke up they would be right there for me to open. First, I told myself open one in the morning, another one in the afternoon, and the last one in the evening. Well, I picked the one I wanted to open first and it was a really cute shirt so I had something new and special to wear from her for my birthday. I read the card and then looked over at the other presents laying there. I tried to distract myself by doing other things and told myself wait to open the others like you planned. Well, that didn't work...I opened the other two right then and there. I COULDN'T WAIT! I felt like a little kid. It was a lot of fun. She sent me a package of sparkly candles and clutch purse. THANK YOU SIS!!

 Since that was done it was time for me to get on with my day. What was I going to do? I had breakfast with M before he left to go to his first day of teaching. You may say, but your birthday was on Sunday. Yes, you are right my birthday was on Sunday. In  United Arab Emirates the work week is Sunday through Thursday, so Friday and Saturday are the weekend. So, with that being said I had the day to myself to do as I pleased. I thought about going and pampering myself but that didn't work out because everyone was at work and I didn't have a way to get anywhere. I decided I would just read and find some more apps for iPod that I got for my birthday before I left (thanks Mom, Ron, Aunt Barb, Uncle John, Aunt Bridget, Uncle Bill, Nana, Noah, Katie, Bailey, & Brielle). 

Finally, it was late enough in my day that family and friends would finally be getting up and hopefully coming online so I can talk to them. As I was checking my email and Facebook I already had messages from my Mom and others wishing me a Happy Birthday. It put a smile on my face to read those two words. It's amazing how much joy the little things in life can bring you. I'm learning to appreciate the little things that I use to take for granted.

The day continued and I was happy to hear from Dad and Jacci. I'm so thankful for the time I got to spend with them talking about my birthday, even if it was through a computer. I also got have a wonderful chat with Aunt Bridget while she was working on coupons for the week and Nana before she went to church. While I was talking to Dad he asked me what the plans were for my birthday and I said there are no plans that I know of. I had seen M's mom, dad, sister, and brother and none of them said anything to me about my birthday. I found it kind of odd since I thought they knew. I wasn't going to say anything, but I was curious on why they wouldn't even say "Happy Birthday". Well, Later I found out what happened. M's sister Zahra came and told me it was time for dinner. So I followed her downstairs, as we turned the corner to head into the kitchen I noticed she turned into the dining room instead. As I walked in the lights turned on and they were all standing there and sang Happy Birthday to me. There was a beautiful bouquet of flowers, cake, and presents. I was blown away. I couldn't believe they did all of that for me. I was truly surprised and I'm sure they could tell by all the shades of red on my face. I made a wish and blew-out the candle, opened the gifts, and then we ate dinner and had cake. It was wonderful! After the cake we all headed to our rooms to get ready for bed. I had one more surprise...I received a phone call from Georgia...on the other end was Nana, Bailey, Uncle Bill, and Aunt Bridget singing Happy Birthday!!! It was great to hear all their voices. We had 5 minutes to talk and I tell you it was the fastest best minutes .I really missed not being with my family today, but was truly blessed by Mahmood's family. 
Flowers from Bahar & Mohammad




THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAD A PART OF MY BIRTHDAY!! The emails, facebook posts, chats online, phone calls, and the surprise party made this is birthday one for the books. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment